- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Join our growing Power & Energy team based in North Sydney
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
Power and Energy Services
As growth remains a key focus for SMEC, we have redefined our traditional service offering and embraced emerging technologies to offer a suite of energy-related services to address the diverse needs of our clients.
As a member of the Surbana Jurong Group, SMEC has grown into a global consultancy with a network of specialist partners. Together, we offer customised and creative solutions to support our clients at every level, regardless of project size, location or complexity. From master planning, environmental approvals, grid connection services and renewables design through to owner’s engineer, portfolio management, virtual power plants and smart city solutions, we can provide specialist expertise either independently or as a combined entity.
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to enhancing our capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions to our clients worldwide.
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Electrical Engineer to work closely with our other specialists in our Sydney office.
This position will require you to be involved in the design of ASP level 3 and lighting components of major upcoming projects. With 6+ years’ experience in electrical engineering design, you will play a key role in:
- ASP L3 design works and management of applications with NSW distribution utilities
- Overhead and underground electricity reticulation systems design
- Street lighting design as per AS 1158 and HV/LV design
- Interpreting relevant Australian and council standards, in addition to client specifications
- Delivering engineering and design works for a range of power and lighting projects, such as power lines, substations, earthing and measurements
- Assist with site inspections
- Producing scopes of works for construction contractors
- Specifying instruments, control systems and other LV equipment
- Delivering projects under strict timescales whilst ensuring financial performance meets with SMEC objectives
- Contributing to bid preparation and providing technical input across all disciplines
- Client management and development in the Power & Energy team with the ability to realise new opportunities
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy or utilities and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering
- 6+ years of industry experience in power and street lighting design
- Chartered Engineer in Electrical Engineer, or currently working towards Chartership
- ASP L3 design experience, including management of applications for new connections and contestable works with the NSW distribution utilities is essential
- Registration within the ASP NSW scheme to carry out the contestable network services within classes 3A and 3B is preferable
- Experience in designing overhead and underground electricity reticulation systems
- Knowledge of the electricity distributors’ construction Standards and specifications relevant to overhead and underground construction
- Ability to design and specify HV/LV power systems in a process environment desirable
- Commissioning experience, desirable but not essential
- Disciplined in undertaking quality assurance activities to ensure delivery excellence
- Excellent consulting and client management skills
- Strong report writing skills to prepare and furnish reports/drawings
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities for our people, our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
Learn more about SMEC:
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Teresa Chan – firstname.lastname@example.org
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.