- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Join our growing Power & Energy team based in North Sydney
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
Power and Energy Services
As growth remains a key focus for SMEC, we have redefined our traditional service offering and embraced emerging technologies to offer a suite of energy-related services to address the diverse needs of our clients.
As a member of the Surbana Jurong Group, SMEC has grown into a global consultancy with a network of specialist partners. Together, we offer customised and creative solutions to support our clients at every level, regardless of project size, location or complexity. From master planning, environmental approvals, grid connection services and renewables design through to owner’s engineer, portfolio management, virtual utilities and smart city solutions, we can provide specialist expertise either independently or as a combined entity.
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to enhancing our capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions to our clients worldwide.
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Electrical Designer to join our growing Power & Energy team based in our North Sydney office.
This position will require you to be involved in the design of ASP level 3 and lighting components of major upcoming projects. With a minimum of 6+ years’ experience in detailed design/drafting, you will play a key role in:
- Preparing and reviewing ASP Level 3 related designs and drawings to NSW utility standards
- Utilising industry standard software and design techniques required for HV/LV design and lighting design in accordance with the supply authority standards, local council requirements and AS/NZS 1158 Standard
- Strong team leadership and design management for electricity related projects
- Delivering projects under strict timescales whilst ensuring financial performance meets with SMEC objectives
- Contributing to bid preparation and providing technical input across all disciplines.
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy or utility and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- 6+ years of industry experience in electrical design on major infrastructure projects
- Prior experience working with NSW ASP L3 design standards is essential
- Knowledge of industry standard software and design techniques required for ASP L3 and lighting design requirements
- Ability to collect accurate data, input information into AutoCad, Bentley or similar drafting software and produce detailed design for construction as per Standards.
- AutoCAD, Bentley and/or MicroStation software experience;
- Previous design experience working on transmission and distribution substations
- Expertise in HV & LV, Single line diagrams, schematic diagrams, panel layouts, label schedules, cable routes (both underground and above ground), general arrangements, sections and detailing, earthing layouts and schematics, aerial lines plan and profiles, material lists and connection schedules
- Disciplined in undertaking quality assurance activities to ensure delivery excellence
- High level consulting and client management skills
- Demonstrable high-quality work ethics
- Strong report writing skills to prepare and furnish reports/drawings
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
- Tertiary qualification / Engineering diploma or degree, desirable but not essential.
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities for our people, our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
Learn more about SMEC:
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Teresa Chan – firstname.lastname@example.org
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.