Lead Contracts Specialist
Job no: 502992
Work type: Full Time
Location: Islamabad, Lahore
Categories: Hot Jobs
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 16,000 dedicated people working across a network of 120 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 25 of the ‘2018 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Lead Contracts Specialist to join a leading infrastructure consultancy and contribute to the growth and development of a business with a reputation for technical excellence and strong client relationships.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
- Responsible for overall Project Contracts Management.
- Analysis of major causes of delays (if any) in implementation of individual contract and take appropriate remedial measures.
- Submission of interim payment certificate(s) to the Client for approval.
- Assist the TL/CRE in contract management and preparation and submission of Monthly Progress Reports.
In consultation with the Client, ADB, Team Leader and relevant institutional / Government stakeholders, Responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Preparation and timely submission of Monthly Contract Administration Report.
- Carry out comparison of actual and forecast expenditures.
- Review the status record of Contractor’s Payment as per contract provisions.
- Submit interim payment certificate (IPCs) to the Client for approval.
- Assist Team Leader / CRE in preparation and timely submission of Annual Management Information Report, Technical / due diligence Reports and position papers to the Client.
- Ensure timely submission of Interim Contract Completion Reports for each contract.
- Assist TL/CRE in preparation and submission of Project Completion Report.
- Preparation and submission of documents and manuals required under the Project.
- Ensure organize seminars and workshops in consultation with the Client
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- BSc. and MSc. (Preferable) in Civil Engineering, Law, or Contracts/ Procurement
- 8 years international experience as ‘Lead Contracts Specialist’ on at least two major road/expressway projects based on FIDIC-IV.
- Proven credentials in Contract Administration and Dispute Resolution and preferably experience/ track-record of an arbitrator, mediator adjudicator, and dispute resolution adviser.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
Or You may forward your CV directly SAMETalentAcquisition@SMEC.com
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Advertised: Pakistan Standard Time
Applications close: Pakistan Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend