- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources.
With 16,000 employees working out of over 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, North and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to deliver integrated infrastructure expertise to our clients worldwide.
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
We are currently seeking an Airport Civil Designer to join SMEC on a permanent basis out of Canberra Office offices. The role will be responsible for working on existing projects helping deliver airport design solutions in a multidisciplinary environment.
Some of your core responsibilities include:
- Recent experience in implementing or regulating national and international safety standards at airports or a similar facility.
- Technical or tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or another qualification relevant to the position.
- Knowledge of Australian aviation legislation requirements relating to aerodromes, particularly CASA MOS 139, and including the Airports (Protection of Airspace) regulations 1996.
- Knowledge of international aviation standards relating to airport design and airspace regulations, particularly International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) regulatory standards.
- Experience in airport operational support & design, airport master planning, aeronautical impact assessments and other analysis and aviation reports.
- Experience with airfield movement area grading, drainage and geometric design.
- Experience establishing and maintaining healthy client relationships.
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD (including drawing and figure creation)
The following requirements are desirable:
- Good working knowledge of Bentley MicroStation.
- Knowledge of rigid and flexible airfield pavement designs.
- Knowledge of ICAO PANS-OPS (ICAO Doc 8168 Vol II) protection surfaces as well as PANS-OPS & OLS 3D design and modelling, and other airport protection surfaces.
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC is committed to equitable recruitment practices and encourages applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders decent
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Miles Pullen email@example.com
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.