Road Pavement Engineer
Job no: 503010
Work type: Fixed Term
Categories: Roads and Highways
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 16,000 dedicated people working across a network of 120 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 25 of the ‘2018 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Road Pavement Engineer to join a leading infrastructure consultancy and contribute to the growth and development of a business with a reputation for technical excellence and strong client relationships.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The scope of the project consists of advising/assistance to client, supervisor and management on issues related to quality and safety provisions of the project.
- Check and review the road pavement plan and profile, geometry as well as traffic safety;
- Check and review the shop/construction drawings for the construction of road pavement as per approved technical specifications, drawings and BOQ;
- Check, supervise and setting out of roads approved pavement layout plan; Supervise and monitor for the construction of different flexible and rigid pavement layers as per approved shop drawings;
- Coordinate field tests along with quality control/assurance teams;
- Supervise and monitor for the installation of roads traffic signs and marking;
- Any other tasks assigned by Team Leader/ Resident Engineer.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum graduation in Civil Engineering from reputed university;
- At least 15 years of professional experience;
- Related experience in construction supervision of major road pavement and rail/bridge project.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Advertised: Bangladesh Standard Time
Applications close: Bangladesh Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend