Assistant Material Engineer
Job no: 503011
Work type: Fixed Term
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 16,000 dedicated people working across a network of 120 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 25 of the ‘2018 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Material Engineer to join a leading infrastructure consultancy and contribute to the growth and development of a business with a reputation for technical excellence and strong client relationships.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The scope of the project consists of advising/assistance to client, supervisor and management on issues related to quality and safety provisions of the project.
- Become familiar with all documents relating to the contract, including Contract Documents, Quality Assurance Plan, and the Contractor’s provisions for Quality Control;
- Assist the Contractor in establishing the site materials testing laboratory;
- Supervise and monitor the activities of the Materials Technicians and Junior Engineer in all aspects of materials and construction quality control;
- Ensure that all materials delivered to site, or manufactured on-site, comply with the quality standards required by the Technical Specification, through inspection of manufacturer certificates supported by supervision of on-site testing or organization of specialist testing in an approved laboratory;
- Strictly adhere to SMEC’s Business Management System (BMS), Quality Management Systems (QMS) and OH&S procedures;
- Any other tasks assigned by Team Leader/ Resident Engineer/ Material Engineer.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum graduation in Civil Engineering from reputed university;
- At least 15 years of professional experience;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction supervision of track construction.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Advertised: Bangladesh Standard Time
Applications close: Bangladesh Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend