Technical Principal ,Geotechnical
Job no: 503031
Work type: Full Time
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 13,000 dedicated people working across a network of 100 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 25 of the ‘2018 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an expatriate ‘Technical Principal, Geotechnical’ to provide technical leadership, co-ordination and related support and training to project teams across Bangladesh. Assist in business development and project delivery in Bangladesh in particular and SAME Division in general. The holder of this position will be a role model of the SMEC values, ethics and code of conduct and all aspects of this position will be carried out according to these guiding principles
- To provide oversight to all projects where geotechnical inputs are required
- To take ownership of all project activities related to geotechnical engineering such as design, investigation and construction supervision as required, from a corporate perspective
- To carry put technical audits in coordination with other Technical Principals and national FGMs
- To assist the Team Leaders and Project Managers in all related activities, including peer review, identification of resources and preparing reports
- Provide training to national staff members
- Any other task assigned by management.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A graduate of BSc Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology or related degree in any reputable university; A Post Graduate qualification would be an additional advantage for the role;
- Has a minimum total professional experience of 15 Years
- More than 5 years’ experience exposure on road, highway, bridge or rail projects
- Good communication skills with capability to liaise with consultant, contractors and work with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationship within the team.
- Ability to interact with Clients and make presentations as required.
- Registered professional with the Council Of Engineering preferred
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Advertised: Bangladesh Standard Time
Applications close: Bangladesh Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend