Job no: 503037
Work type: Full Time
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 16,000 dedicated people working across a network of 120 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 25 of the ‘2018 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Alignment Expert to join a leading infrastructure consultancy and contribute to the growth and development of a business with a reputation for technical excellence and strong client relationships.
- At least 10-15 years’ experience of working with Rail Alignment & Track Design for LRT, Metro, Monorail, High Speed and/or Freight railways and other Guided Transport Systems.
- Experience in the analysis and documentation of rail engineering works and processes from Feasibility and Design to Implementation and Client Handover.
- Very good working knowledge of Bentley Rail Track /Bentley Power Rail Track (from alignment design through to preparation of drawings).
- Also having good working experience with software such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Preparation of Horizontal Alignment and Vertical Alignment. As per SOD.
- Preparation of Turnouts and crossovers with different site conditions.
- Cant Design ,applied Cant, Cant Gradient, cant Deficiency, Rate of change of cant deficiency, Design of Curves, equilibrium cant , actual cant and theoretical cant
- Ensure organize seminars and workshops in consultation with the Client
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- B.Tech Civil, Preferred master degree
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Swedish project experience and knowledge of Swedish design standards is advantageous.
- Problem solving and originality.
- Computer literate
- The successful candidate will be a dynamic, self-motivated individual who will take on a Leadership role in project work, focused on delivery to the client and technical excellence. The role requires management of a number of projects and becoming involved in design at an early stage. The ability to plan and design deliverables against Swedish Engineering standards for each stage of a project is a pre-requisite and training and guidance will be provided where necessary.
- Cultural awareness, conscientious and an open mind and excellent communication skills are essential requirements for the role.
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum of supervision.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Advertised: India Standard Time
Applications close: India Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend