Bridge Design Head
Job no: 503047
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Structure - Bridges
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 13,000 dedicated people working across a network of 100 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 25 of the ‘2018 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an expatriate ‘Bridge Design Head’ to lead and develop a team of designers and engineers within a multidisciplinary practice whilst utilizing and developing one’s own leadership and management skills.
- Managing, leading and inspiring the Bridge design team; will be responsible for leading a team of engineers and technicians working on multi-disciplinary projects
- Planning and resource allocation
- Planning and monitoring budgets, schedules and resources to ensure project goals are met.
- Preparation of concept and preliminary engineering solutions
- Client liaison & coordination with other design disciplines
- Assist with the Business Development of the Office/Branch in preparation of technical and financial proposals
- Maintain the highest level of technical skill on all projects undertaken under his/her control.
- Lead the development and training of leading edge technical skills and understand how to practically apply them in ways that add value to the company’s services.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A graduate of BSc Civil Engineering, Structural Engineer or related degree in any reputable university; A Post Graduate qualification would be an additional advantage for the role;
- Has minimum 15 years post graduate experience within a consulting firm
- Experience on large scale bridge design projects is preferred.
- Experience and proven ability to of leading, motivating and managing a bridge design team Knowledge and experience of industry standard software
- Familiar with design Standards and codes
- Ability to independently initiate and prepare conceptual designs
- Ability to take ownership of tasks involved
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- This position is open to “International candidates only”.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Advertised: Bangladesh Standard Time
Applications close: Bangladesh Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend