Bridge Design Engineer
Job no: 503048
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Structure - Bridges
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 13,000 dedicated people working across a network of 100 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 25 of the ‘2018 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an expatriate ‘Bridge Design Engineer’ and his role involves work on a variety of bridge management, maintenance, design and development schemes in the roads, highway and rail sectors.
- To prepare bridge design and drawings, and construction phase drawings
- To prepare design criteria and design statement
- To prepare concept report for bridges
- To carry out feasibility studies for strengthening and repair of bridges
- To maintain structure records
- To work in team of design engineers and draftsman for projects, multi-disciplinary coordination and client contractor coordination
- To interface with multi-disciplinary project teams and contractors
- To ensure compliance with design and safety standards, as required
- To organize and undertake site inspections, as required.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A graduate of BSc Civil Engineering, Structural Engineer or related degree in any reputable university; A Post Graduate qualification would be an additional advantage for the role;
- Has 5+ years experience in roads or rail infrastructure.
- Knowledge and experience of industry standard software
- Familiar with international design standards and codes
- Has working knowledge of MS Office software programs.
- Registered professional with the Council of Engineering preferred
- Must be pro-active, adaptable and able to work with other project team members
- Must have good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision
- Able to recognize priorities and meet critical time deadlines
- Able to interface with both clients and other inter-office disciplines
- Has good command of written and spoken English
- This position is open to “International candidates only”.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Advertised: Bangladesh Standard Time
Applications close: Bangladesh Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend