Job no: 503054
Work type: Full Time
Location: Central Asian Republics (CAR)
Categories: Community and Social Development, Resettlement
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 13,000 dedicated people working across a network of 100 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 25 of the ‘2018 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
The Social/Resettlement Specialist will be responsible for (a) the development and implementation of the Project Monitoring System (PMS); (b) monitoring and evaluating HIV/AIDS/STI prevention programs and transmittable disease detection and prevention programs; and, if required, preparing supplements to the project's Land Acquisition and Resettlement Plan in the event that it becomes necessary to temporarily relocate people who could be affected by the blasting associated with the construction of the project's tunnels.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A graduate of BSc Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related degree in any reputable university; A Post Graduate qualification would be an additional advantage for the role;
- Preferably with 15 years’ of work experience including 5 years of international experience
- Should have up-to date knowledge of ADB's safeguards policies and procedures, particularly on social impact assessment, poverty assessment, land acquisition, and resettlement, preferably with a master’s degree in social science. He/she will have an excellent knowledge of the English language.
- Preference is given to candidates who are not required to secure a visa to visit Georgia.
- This position is open to “International candidates only”.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Advertised: N. Central Asia Standard Time
Applications close: N. Central Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend