Job no: 503082
Work type: Full Time
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 13,000 dedicated people working across a network of 100 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 25 of the ‘2018 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an expatriate ‘Resident Engineer’ and his role involves work on a variety of bridge management, maintenance, design and development schemes in the roads, highway and rail sectors.
- To assist RHD to review the Health and Safety Management Plan (HSMP)
- To assist the Engineer to approve the proposals submitted by the contractors
- To assist the Engineer to issue to the Contractor instructions and additional or modified drawings
- To assist the Engineer to coordinate with the RHD concerning variations and claims
- To approve all of contractor's working drawings
- To prepare and maintain inspection and engineering reports
- To prepare disbursement schedule
- To perform price analysis and cost estimates
- To assist any process in terms of Dispute Board mechanism
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Graduate of BSc Civil Engineering in any reputable university
- He/she must have 20++ years’ experience in road and bridge related field
- He/she must have an experience of construction supervision for 7 years
- He/she has at least 3 projects on highways and bridges in an ICB contract
- He/she has at least 1 experience of Resident Engineer, Highway Engineer, or Bridge Engineer (Steel)
- Must be a registered professional with the Council of Engineering preferred
- Able to interface with both clients and other inter-office disciplines
- Has good command of written and spoken English
- This position is open to “International candidates only”.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Advertised: Bangladesh Standard Time
Applications close: Bangladesh Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend