Graduate Engineer (VKE Namibia)
Job no: 503083
Work type: Full Time
Section Manager or any other person appointed to supervise him/her from time to time.
Primary Position Purpose
This graduate engineer is responsible for design and construction supervision and will be required to help Engineers to complete project work.
The successful incumbent will be required to:
• Work in a team-oriented environment as well as function independently
• Query details suggesting more acceptable solutions
• Able to present / represent his/ her specific technical work (presentations/ meetings)
• Familiar with work procedures
• Ability to check and inspect constructed works for compliance to design and
specifications with moderate supervision
• Ability to learn new software
• Responsible for completion of specifically assigned tasks to time and cost
• Participate in field investigations
• Manage meeting schedule and agendas and compile minutes
• Apply codes of practice
• Help Engineers with regards to checking of technical designs
• Completing technical duties as directed by the Engineer inclusive of design, costing and
• Creates and maintains a safety conscious work environment
Recommended Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
• Bachelor of Engineering degree/higher degree from an accredited institution
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a diverse
and multi-disciplinary environment
Closing Date: Friday, 31 January 2020
Details of the package on offer will be shared with shortlisted candidates.
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
Only candidates who meet the above minimum requirements will be considered. Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To find out more about VKE Namibia, please visit our SMEC Namibia page at https://www.smec.com/en_na
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Advertised: Namibia Standard Time
Applications close: Namibia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend