Bridge Engineers - All levels
Job no: 503426
Work type: Full Time
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 16,500 dedicated people working across a network of 95 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognised for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world.
We are currently seeking all levels of Bridge Engineers to work closely with our other specialists to deliver major Transport projects. You will be responsible for the design management of delegated projects and work packages within the Transport function. This is a Canberra based role that will cater for projects locally and assist on major national projects.
With extensive experience in the Structural/Bridge Engineering field, your main responsibilities will be:
- Oversight of engineering design for projects and design packages to meet the requirements of the client and SMEC
- Build and maintain strong and effective client relationships through targeted activities
- Effective management and leadership of the Design team to ensure optimal performance, resourcing, retention and professional development
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will have:
- Local experience (preferably) successfully delivering bridge design projects will be highly regarded
- Extensive experience managing infrastructure projects of >$1m successfully to budget and client specifications
- Experience in the co-ordination, design and delivery of road designs within multi-disciplinary engineering projects
- High level communication skills to advise and guide project design development in a pro-active manner and to represent the SMEC design team as a valuable contributor to the project
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Miles Pullen firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn't require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers, we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now