Team Leader/Contracts Engineer
Job no: 503558
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Contract Management
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 16,000 dedicated people working across a network of 120 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 27 of the ‘2019 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
This is an exciting opportunity for a “Team Leader/Contracts Engineer” to join a leading infrastructure consultancy and to contribute in the growth and development of a business.
- Responsible for the overall management of project activities
- Assist PMU in decisions regarding facility design specifications, choice of equipment, work methods and schedules, staffing decisions, construction supervision, and project performance monitoring, including social safeguards issues
- Assist the PMU in contract administration of works contracts, taking timely contractual actions related to cost, time and quality control and closure of the contracts, and in case of disputes their referral to the adjudication and arbitration.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- He/she has Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering; Masters in Civil Engineering / Construction Management / Project Management or equivalent is much preferred;
- He/she has 15 years of relevant Civil Engineering experience;
- He/she has 8 years as Team Leader on major projects, preferably financed by multilateral / bilateral donors; and
- He/she must be an international candidate with overseas experience in road projects.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
Or You may forward your CV directly SAMETalentAcquisition@SMEC.com
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers .
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
Advertised: Pakistan Standard Time
Applications close: Pakistan Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend