MOM Drainage Specialist
Job no: 503559
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Water resources
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 16,000 dedicated people working across a network of 120 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 27 of the ‘2019 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
This is an exciting opportunity for a “MOM Specialist -Drainage” to join a leading infrastructure consultancy and to contribute in the growth and development of a business.
- Coordinate with the Project Team Leader, Component 2 Team Leader International MOM specialist; and other PROJECT’S staff.
- Work closely with International MOM specialist and national Mom Specialist (Irrigation)
- Work directly with national MOM drainage specialist
- Provide input to SMEC’s monthly progress reporting.
- Any other tasks as required to meet the TOR requirements and / or as advised by the Project Team Leader and / or Project Director.
- Review national MOM drainage specialist work program. Assist in finalizing work program. Provide support and guidance as required
- Review drainage works being implemented under Project in the 10 SPAs
- Support the strengthening of the existing capacity within the Hydrogeological Amelioration Expeditions to assess overall performance of I&D schemes, including the monitoring of land condition, waterlogging and salinity, by introducing and adopting modern processes and procedures, including the use of remote sensing and GIS.
- Review and analyze existing in-field water management practices adopted by individual farmers and recommend alternative practices and technologies aimed at improving the efficiency of water application at field level and the productivity of water use as well as mitigating any negative environmental impacts (i.e. waterlogging and salinity) due to non-optimal irrigation of the land.
- Under the guidance of TL and in close coordination with the International MOM specialist and national Mom Specialist (Irrigation) in collaboration with national Mom Specialist (drainage) prepare MOM manual (Drainage component). The MOM manual (drainage) should review current MOM drainage practices at SPA, make recommendations for upgrading and modernizing of (MOM drainage) practices within the IDIP 2 SPAs; and determine the minimum levels of O&M expenditure required to sustain the drainage systems within the Project’s SPAs over time.
- Review project’s training program to ensure drainage topics are properly covered. Make recommendations and provide input to update and improve if necessary. Provide training to the employees of operating entities for transfer of knowledge and skills on operation and maintenance of drainage systems as part of on-going project’s training program.
- Assist in the selection and establishment of up to 10 demonstration spots (sections of drainage collectors and/or vertical well systems) for demonstration of techniques for effective operation of drainage systems, as selected under the Lump Sum Contract (it is preferable that demonstration spots under components 2 and 3 are hydraulically connected).
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- He/she must have a applicable Bachelor’s Degree earned from any reputable university
- He/she has a total professional experience of 20 years
- He/she has relevant experience in works on water irrigation and drainage project or similar nature
- He/she has at least 5 years in developing countries, preferably Central Asia or CIS or Caucasus Regions
- He/she must be an international candidate with overseas experience in irrigation/drainage projects
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
Or you may directly send your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers.
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
Advertised: West Asia Standard Time
Applications close: West Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend