- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources.
With 16,500 employees working out of over 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, North and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to deliver integrated infrastructure expertise to our clients worldwide.
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
We are currently seeking a Digital Engineering Practice Lead (NSW/ACT) based in our Sydney office. The Digital Engineering Practice Lead is responsible for implementing Digital Engineering within the state/s. This includes collaborating with the internal Technical Services team and external clients to identify touchpoints and to guide the development of capability and expertise to position SMEC at the forefront of Digital Engineering within the consulting and construction industry.
The incumbent will practically apply digital concepts into major bid teams and major project delivery teams.
- With support from Manager Technical Services ANZ, develop and implement Digital Engineering standards and technologies, with a focus on providing solutions and workflows which enhance delivery.
- Provide specialist advice and demonstrate advanced technical skills, ensuring that Digital Engineering tasks undertaken meet appropriate technical standards and the requirements of the client and SMEC.
- Collaborate and work in partnership with SMEC’s Technical Services Managers to provide and highlight training required within their teams.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Proven ability to drive change management processes so that Digital Engineering becomes "business as usual"
- Relevant experience engaging with industry bodies & clients plus strong knowledge of Digital Engineering for infrastructure delivery
- Skilled in BIM authoring software to ensure compliance with Australian & International design and modelling standards, conventions and project-specific requirements
- The ability to create federated BIM models with Autodesk Navisworks as the primary federation software
- An understanding of authoring software such as OpenRoads, Revit, Civil 3D, Plant 3d and 12D Model
- The ability to implement and support Common Data Environments (CDE) such as 12d Synergy, BIM360, ProjectWise and Vault
- Strong overall understanding of the model interoperability between the modelling product
- High-level communication and team management skills for high performance and cohesion
- Able to drive innovation and development on projects with a focus on workflows and automation.
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders. We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network. SMEC is committed to equitable recruitment practices and encourages applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders decent
What we offer
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business. Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape. Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities; our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders. We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC Australia recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land in which we live and work – Australia. We are committed to equitable recruitment practices and as such, encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply and notify us of their application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about SMEC http://www.smec.com/en_au http://smec.com/infocus/
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact David Wood – David.Wood@smec.com
Follow the link to visit SMEC's careers page www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.