Senior Resident Engineer
Job no: 503624
Work type: Fixed Term
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 16,000 dedicated people working across a network of 120 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 27 of the ‘2019 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
We are currently seeking for “Senior Resident Engineers” to be based in Kazakhstan on a Water Utility project.
- Shall work in close contact with Team Leaders, and provide and update the progress achieved in Construction works on daily, weekly, and monthly basis;
- Shall take the responsibility as key supervisor of all ongoing Construction Contracts in IDIP-2 as delegated during execution stage and manage the duties of Resident Engineers (Res) and other staff working in Site camps in association with DTL and TLs and keep the record of necessary correspondence with the Contractors and the Client;
- Shall check any drawings or calculations submitted by the DTL and REs for approval including the Contractor’s Construction/ Working Drawings.
- Shall carry necessary Construction Supervision works, as directed by the Team Leaders, including checking Contractor’s interim payment certificate (IPC), calculating final measured quantities and costs and sign the IPC as Certified by.
- Shall check that the works are being executed in accordance with the Drawings and the Technical Specifications following the Construction Supervision and Quality Control (CS & QC) Manual.
- Shall supervise all activities of project and ensure compliance to approved Contractor’s Work Program and Cash Flow and Contract Conditions and Specifications and identify any errors or deviation from plan in Work Program and accordingly suggest the Contractor for review and submit revised workplan to meet the Contractual Construction Period on time.
- Shall supervise Res/DTL to maintain contract records including materials testing, materials approvals, construction drawings, as-built drawings, measurement details, instructions issued to the Contractor, contract variations, etc.
- Shall supervise Res/DTL to manage and maintain accurate field notes and maintain flow of technical information and prepare comprehensive assessment reports for all ongoing and completed works.
- Shall supervise Res/DTL to prepare all project documents and project schedules and ensure compliance to all health and safety policies and participate in evaluation of all engineer personnel.
- Shall supervise Res/DTL to oversee working of all engineering personnel and inspect all materials and assist to resolve all construction process and recommend improvement to all construction activities and ensure compliance to specifications and construction schedule and prepare all progress reports as stated below:
- Shall supervise Res/DTL to prepare weekly report and submit to Team Leaders.
- Shall assist Team Leaders in preparation of monthly and quarterly reports;
- Shall keep the Team Leaders fully briefed about all ongoing site activities
- Shall perform regular evaluation on all construction works and prepare all preventative actions on all parts and coordinate with Team Leaders and attend the Monthly Meeting with Contractor in SMEC Shymkent office.
- Shall resolve all client’s and contractor’s questions within required timeframe and provide assistance to all contractors and monitor all proactive activities and ongoing construction works.
- Shall assist TLs in preparation of taking over certificate, defect liability certificate and completion certificate.
- Shall perform other works as directed and instructed by Team Leaders and Project Directors.
- Shall carry out other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by the Senior Management or designated person in authority on the project, in respect of the project delivery.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- He/she has at least a Bachelors’ Degree in Civil Engineering; Candidate with Post Graduate Studies/Master’s Degree shall be given a priority;
- He/she has no less than 15 years of construction supervision / project management of large irrigation and drainage projects.
- He/she has experience of major funded projects including ADB, World Bank, EBRD, etc.
- He/she has experience in Central Asia and the Caucasus.
- He/she has knowledge of the Russian language is an advantage
- He/she must be an international candidate with overseas regional experience in water supply projects
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts. Or you may directly send your profile to SAMETalentAcquisition@smec.com.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers.
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
Advertised: West Asia Standard Time
Applications close: West Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now