Job no: 503628
Work type: Fixed Term
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 13,000 dedicated people working across a network of 100 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 25 of the ‘2018 Top 225 International Design Firms’
This is an exciting opportunity for an expatriate ‘Resident Engineer’ and the role involves work on a variety of maintenance, design and development schemes in the rail sector.
- On behalf of the Team Leader, he shall organize, supervise and monitor the activities (and training where applicable) of his subordinate Engineering Staff;
- Shall supervise and monitor the setting-out of the Works, including survey stations and bench marks for approval by the Team Leader/Project Manager;
- Shall check the alignment designs and in particular, ensure that the Contractor optimizes use of the existing embankment;
- Shall supervise, monitor and control the Consultant’s supervision staff in the inspection and quality control of the Works carried out by the Contractor and his authorized representatives;
- Shall issue Site Instructions to the Contractor;
- Shall maintain an up-to-date daily Contractor Diary in the approved format including daily weather reports, Contractor’s plant and equipment, personnel, activities performed and delays/disruptions encountered;
- Shall receive and review for accuracy the Contractor’s site diary;
- Shall receive, monitor and file daily records of labour plant, equipment and materials provided by the Contractor;
- Shall organize, supervise and monitor the Consultant’s supervision staff in the measurement of the Works carried out by the Contractor and his authorized subcontractors;
- Shall supervise the monitoring and measurement, at least on a monthly basis, of the Contractor’s materials on site;
- Shall supervise the monitoring and measurement of the Contractor’s Interim Payment Certificate and Final Statement of the Contract;
- Shall organize, supervise and monitor the preparation of as-built drawings of the completed sections of the works and agree the completed record drawings with the Contractor;
- Shall provide input on post construction activities and monitoring as required;
- Shall conduct weekly site meeting with the Contractor (Resident Engineering’s Meetings) to monitor and resolve outstanding matters; and
- Shall carry out other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by the Senior Management or designated person in authority on the project, in respect of the project delivery.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- He/she must have a MSc in Civil Engineering earned from any reputable university
- He/she has more than 25 years of total professional experience
- He/she has more than 9 years of experience as “Resident Engineer” or similar position
- He/she has more than 20 years of experience in the execution of railway projects
- He/she has a more than a decade of overseas experience
- He/she has at least 3 projects in South Asia or South East Asia countries
- He/she must be an international candidate with overseas experience in rail/bridge projects
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
#BangladeshBased #JobsForExpatriateCandidates #MigrantWorker #SMEC #ExpatriatePosition #ResidentEngineer
Advertised: Bangladesh Standard Time
Applications close: Bangladesh Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend