- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a major project based in Cooma
- 18 month fixed term contract
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources.
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
We are currently looking for a talented Document Controller to work on a major project based in Cooma. This role will be an 18 month fixed term contract.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Operate/interface in the project documentation systems
- Assist the Project Manager to implement and review the effectiveness of the Document Management Plan.
- Process incoming and outgoing project correspondence
- Transmit approved reports, drawings and other documents to client and external stakeholders / third parties.
- Set up and maintain hard copy files including the document library.
- Maintain up to date quality documents, including the Master Document Index and Document Codification Schedule as directed by the Project Manager.
- Maintain and ensure SharePoint information is accurate and up to date including authorisation lists.
- Track and report Client acknowledgement of receipt and responses to submitted documents (Design Review Records, etc.) through Aconex.
- Prepare and maintain an up to date Schedule of Records.
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change.
We are interested in applicants that can display good problem solving / analytical skills and independently use basic theoretical knowledge of Planning principles to analyse, interpret and conclude on standard matters or decisions.
Suitable applicants must have 5+ years’ of experience in a similar role with extensive experience in Aconex and SharePoint environments working for an engineering design consultancy or construction contractor.
Additional requirements include:
- Experience working in a major infrastructure project environment
- Ability to competently provide key technical expertise across a broad range of projects
- Ability to prepare technical reports on large projects
- Good stakeholder engagement skills including strong written and verbal communication
- Project Management skills
- Ability to manage risk on substantial projects and deliver best client outcomes which have provided cost savings
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities for our people, our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
Learn more about SMEC:
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Teresa Chan – firstname.lastname@example.org
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.