- Work with clients and partners on iconic projects locally and globally
- Be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
- Embrace your creativity and drive change across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
SMEC deliver smart solutions for clients and communities in Infrastructure, Urban Development and Management Services
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources.
We are currently seeking an Associate Engineering Geologist / Associate Geotechnical Engineer to join our office in Brisbane. With 10+ years of experience in Civil Engineering with a focus on Geotechnical Engineering, you will play a key role in:
- Building SMEC's reputation locally, nationally and internationally as a leading consultant with a strong reputation for innovation, technical excellence, quality and project delivery
- Building strong and sustainable relationships with existing or new clients
- When required, providing project governance, at project director level, to achieve reliable project performance in terms of sophistication, timeliness and quality
- Supporting our regional management team in Australia to provide leadership to employees to ensure cohesion, optimal performance, resourcing, retention and professional development
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Civil Engineering. Post graduate qualification in Geotechnical Engineering / Geology is desirable.
- Good experience delivering detailed design/modelling, proof engineering and site investigation works across civil infrastructure projects – roads, railways, energy and water.
- Experience of slope risk assessments, slope remediation designs and geotechnical tunneling
- Project Management knowledge/experience and ability to manage client relationships and expectations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
- Able to undertake some travel (domestic or international)
What we offer
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities for our people, our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC Australia recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land in which we live and work – Australia. We are committed to equitable recruitment practices and as such, encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply and notify us of their application by emailing email@example.com.
Learn more about SMEC:
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Nicholas Fischer-White – firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.