- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility, diversity and improving the world we live in.
We are currently seeking a talented Associate Electrical Engineer – Industrial and Automation to work closely with our Power & Energy team based in Brisbane working on major water infrastructure projects.
With 10 to 15 years’ experience in detailed design, you will play a key role in:
- Delivering engineering and design for predominantly Water and Waste Water projects
- Producing scopes of works for construction contractors
- Specifying instruments, control systems and other LV equipment
- Condition assessment of operating plants
- Leading and delivering projects under strict timelines
- Contributing to bid preparation and providing technical input across all disciplines.
- Reviewing work produced by junior engineers
- Certifying engineering designs as an RPEQ engineer
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical and/or electronic engineering
- 10 - 15 years of industry experience in control and instrumentation engineering and design in the Water and Waste Water, Mining or Oil and Gas Industries;
- Experienced working to Australian standards;
- Hazardous area specification and design qualifications and experience;
- Ability to develop process control philosophies and functional specifications
- Ability to contribute to Safety in Design workshops, particularly HAZOPs, CHAZOPs and HAZIDs
- Ability to compile construction work packs for E&I construction/installation contractors
- Ability to design and specify LV power systems in a process environment
- Commissioning experience, desirable but not essential.
- Very disciplined in undertaking quality assurance activities to ensure delivery excellence
- Developing consulting and client management skills;
- Demonstrable high quality work ethics;
- Strong report writing skills to prepare and furnish reports/drawings;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities; our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC Australia recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land in which we live and work – Australia. We are committed to equitable recruitment practices and encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
Learn more about SMEC:
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Teresa Chan – firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.