- Opportunity to work on a major water infrastructure project
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility, diversity and improving the world we live in.
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Electrical Designer with a strong background in Industrial & Automation to join our Power & Energy team. The role will be working on a major Water Infrastructure project based in Brisbane.
With 6 - 10 years’ experience in design drafting, you will play a key role in:
- Producing Electrical Drawings of HV Electrical Systems including Switchboards Single Line Drawings and General Arrangements.
- Producing Electrical Drawings of LV Electrical Systems including Switchboards, Motor Control Centres, Distribution Boards.
- Producing Control Drawings of LV & ELV Control Systems including PLC/RTU Panels, Network Communication Panels
- Producing high quality Schematics, Terminations, Layouts and General Arrangement Drawings
- Providing Design Support for Electrical Engineers
- Developing electrical documentation relevant to drafted designs to assist the Electrical Engineers such as Cable Schedules, IO Schedules, Equipment Schedules, Label Schedules etc
- Delivering projects under strict timescales whilst ensuring financial performance meets with SMEC objectives
- Contributing to bid preparation and providing technical input across all disciplines.
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- 6+ years' industry experience in industrial or mining design
- 6+ years' of AUTOCAD experience in a drafter or designer role
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical design or electrician license desirable
- Previous experience working on water utilities is preferred however not essential
- AS/NZS 3000 Wiring Rules and AS 2067 preferred
- Very disciplined in undertaking quality assurance activities to ensure delivery excellence
- High level consulting experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong knowledge in electrical systems and highly experienced working within the electrical industry.
- Excellent knowledge of Australian Standards for Electrical Installations –
- Strong commitment to safety with demonstrable high quality work ethics
- Proficiency in the Microsoft office suite including Word and Excel
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities; our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC Australia recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land in which we live and work – Australia. We are committed to equitable recruitment practices and encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
Learn more about SMEC:
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Teresa Chan – email@example.com
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.