- Access to a range of professional development opportunities and collaborate with our global team of specialists
- Mentored by passionate leaders
- Values-driven working environment
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
Due to sustained growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst to support our ANZ Finance team. The Financial Analyst will support the business in relation to project governance, joint ventures, alliances, financial auditing and project analysis, performance and reporting as directed.
The incumbent will role model SMEC values, ethics and code of conduct and ensure all business activities are carried out in accordance with these guiding principles
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an international organisation and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change.
The ideal candidate will come from a financial and commercial background and have an active commitment to ensuring that business integrity is at the forefront of all that you do. We are ideally seeking a proactive and inquisitive individual who has a strong background in analysing financial data with the ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders across the business.
With 3+ years’ commercial finance and/or project finance experience you will play role in:
- Assisting with the effective and timely financial management and financial reporting of projects
- Financial analytical skills to assist Project Managers in the effective discharge of their financial responsibilities
- Providing support to all facets of commercial performance to the business
- Monitoring and adhering to ANZ and Corporate policies, procedures, systems and controls for all financial processes.
The ideal candidate will have a related accounting, finance or commerce qualification and have/be:
- Demonstrable experience and success in a similar role
- Proactive and inquisitive with the ability to apply critical thinking to a range of situations.
- Experience in an engineering design / infrastructure firm would be preferred but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively within a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Excel; Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Skills in financial applications highly regarded
- Initiative and integrity.
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities; our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC Australia recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land in which we live and work – Australia. We are committed to equitable recruitment practices and encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
Learn more about SMEC:
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Teresa Chan – Teresa.email@example.com
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn't require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.