- Multinational business with the opportunity to work across 8 engineering brands
- Work with a close-knit team in a values-driven working environment
- State of the art offices in the heart of Melbourne - Docklands
As a member of the Surbana Jurong Group, SMEC has grown into a global consultancy with a network of specialist partners. With over 16,500 employees working out of 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, North and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to offer customised and creative solutions to support our clients at every level, regardless of project size, location or complexity.
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
We are currently seeking a highly experienced Internal Audit Manager to join the Group Internal Audit team, based in our Melbourne office in Docklands. Reporting to the Internal Audit Director, you will be responsible for planning and conducting risk-based internal audit reviews across SMEC and the wider Surbana Jurong Group.
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience with a multinational organisation and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change. You will be a hands on individual with a high level of initiative and professionalism with the ability to work in a highly dynamic environment.
With 12+ years’ experience in internal controls, audit and risk management you will play role in:
- Performing walk-throughs, identifying key controls, planning and performing reviews to evaluate and validate operating effectiveness of internal controls in various business processes.
- Reviewing and recommending process improvements including identifying and addressing control gaps to enhance efficiency.
- Reviewing and presenting audit results and recommendations to divisional/corporate management.
- Preparing formal Internal Audit reports to management including audit risk assessment, areas of non-compliance and recommend corrective actions or improvements.
The ideal candidate will have a Tertiary Accounting or Finance qualification and have/be:
- Chartered Accountant or CPA; CIA and/or CISA preferred
- 12+ years’ post graduate experience in external/internal audit with a chartered accounting firm
- Experience in an engineering design / infrastructure firm would be advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively within a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
- Proficient in MS Office suite; familiarity with various ERP software and data analytics tools
- Willing and able to travel interstate and overseas regularly for audit purposes
- Strong attention to detail with high quality standards of work
- Experience working in a multinational corporate environment
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities; our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC Australia recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land in which we live and work – Australia. We are committed to equitable recruitment practices and encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
Learn more about SMEC:
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Teresa Chan – firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn't require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.