- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 16,000 dedicated people working across a network of 120 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognised for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 27 of the ‘2019 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and energized Revit Structural Draughtsperson to join a leading infrastructure consultancy and contribute to the growth and development of a business with a reputation for technical excellence and strong client relationships.
Section Manager or other professional consultant or any other person appointed to supervise him/her from time to time.
Primary Position Purpose
Provide and undertake complex design drafting tasks, prepare tender/construction documents and provide technical support services in meeting the requirements of the functional group and its clients.
With a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position, the key responsibilities are:
• CAD draughting and detailing
• Autocad setup for team
• Developing Autocad & Revit templates and tools to maintain standards
• Programming within Autocad & Revit (customer tool bar)
• Quality audit on outgoing drawings
• Standardisation of all drawings on project
• Modelling 3D models of projects for presentations
• BIM implementation
• Handling all Autocad & Revit and Autodesk troubleshooting and setting up of interfaces in respective department
• Participating in office technical discussions and project delivery meetings
• Mentoring, training and providing technical support to junior staff
• Conducting conceptual and detailed design and drafting in order to prepare technical drawings and documentation
• Providing practical and economical solutions to project deliverables
• Applying a deeper understanding of drafting principles to devise and deliver practical and economical solutions to problems
• Maintaining a high level of Computer Aided Drawing (CAD) expertise and engineering knowledge
• Undertaking supervisor role and lead on projects
• Contributing to the overall management and profitably of the functional group
• Ensuring drawings and documentation are to the highest quality
• Maintaining client satisfaction
• Strictly adhering to SMEC’s Management System (MS), quality standards and OHS procedures
• Introducing Graduate Engineers to in-house standards and the practical application of tasks and construction techniques
• Assisting Project Managers with site queries and reporting solutions
Recommended Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required
• Professional Registration in Draughting
• Minimum of 2 to 5 years in similar position
• Minimum 3 years Revit experience producing working models and drawings.
• Experience in Rebar Detailing.
• Clash detection in Navisworks.
• Document control in Dr Pro.
• Some key experience in relevant projects
• Proficiency in AutoCAD & Revit software essential
Closing Date: Monday, 10 August 2020
Details of the package on offer will be shared with shortlisted candidates.
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
Only candidates who meet the above minimum requirements will be considered. Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.