Chief Engineer, Contracts/Claims
Job no: 503703
Work type: Fixed Term
Categories: Construction Supervision, Dam Engineering
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 13,000 dedicated people working across a network of 100 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 25 of the ‘2018 Top 225 International Design Firms’
We are seeking for a “Chief Engineer, Contracts/Claims” to be based in Pakistan on hydropower/dam project.
Target Mobilization: 4th Quarter 2020
- Shall be in charge of the contract management, monitoring and administration, including monitoring of costs, accounting and certification of contractors’ invoices and statements;
- Shall provide all necessary data, information and assistance to the Dispute Board (DBs) set up under the provisions of construction contacts(s) for the settlement of disputes and claims of the contractors
- Shall develop a procedure for preparing budget estimates on quarterly and annual basis with break up intro: consultancy cost, and contract wise costs
- Shall update the cost based on the implementation progress of various works and modifications of construction schedules;
- Shall prepare a comprehensive reports on revised cost estimates, for each contracts,
- Shall carry out other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by the Senior Management or designated person in authority on the project, in respect of the project delivery.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- He/she has BSc in Civil Engineering and MSc in Civil Engineering or M. Eng in Civil Engineering; An additional higher qualification in construction/ contracts management/LL will be preferable;
- He/she has 25 years in heavy civil engineer in a number of countries;
- He/she has 15 years experience handling Contracts and Claims in hydropower and dams including 2 projects over 200MW;
- He/she has 8 years specific experience of handling contracts/claims of large dam / hydropower projects as Contracts / Claims chief or expert;
- He/she has working knowledge/experience in the FIDIC Red and/or Pink Book;
- He/she has working experience in DB and Arbitration preparation for the Employer; and
- He/she must be an Expatriate Candidate with overseas/international hydropower projects.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
#PakistanBased #JobsForExpatriateCandidates #MigrantWorker #SMEC #ExpatriatePosition #ContractsExpert
Advertised: Pakistan Standard Time
Applications close: Pakistan Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend