- Global multinational organisation with great career opportunities
- This role is made for a Management Accountant who is analytically minded
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility, diversity and improving the world we live in.
SMEC deliver smart solutions for clients and communities in Infrastructure, Urban Development and Management Services
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant has arisen within our Melbourne based Group Finance team. Reporting to the Senior Management Accountant, the successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Financial and management reporting including co-ordination and preparation of the annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for the SMEC group
- Providing strategic and business planning support to the senior management
- Supporting Statutory and External Reporting team during financial audits or as required
- Prepare and assist with ad hoc financial queries, due diligence and reports
- Monthly variance analysis and associated commentary
- To continually seek to improve SMEC’s financial reporting processes and reports
Suitable applicants will be CA/CPA Qualified accountants with 5+ years post qualification experience in the full range of either financial and/or management accounting activities including:
- Accounting in accordance with IFRS
- Experience with accounting for an acquisition/integrating an acquisition preferred
- Budgeting/ Forecasting
- Group Consolidation including foreign exchange transactions
- Preparing or reviewing ASIC statutory financial reports
In addition, suitable applicants will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical skills and the ability to work under pressure on an autonomous basis. You will be an expert with Excel and it would be a bonus if you have had experience with Tagetik (or another consolidation tool).
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC Australia recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land in which we live and work – Australia. We are committed to equitable recruitment practices and as such, encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply and notify us of their application by emailing email@example.com.
Learn more about SMEC: http://www.smec.com/en_au http://smec.com/infocus/
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Nicholas Fischer-White firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.