Social Safeguards and Gender Specialist
Job no: 503794
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Water Supply
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 13,000 dedicated people working across a network of 100 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 25 of the ‘2018 Top 225 International Design Firms’
We are currently seeking for a “Social Safeguards and Gender Specialist” to be based in Tajikistan on Water Supply & Sanitation project
Total Man Month Inputs: 3 months intermittent (during supervision phase)
Funding Donor: ADB
In consultation with the Project Teams, clients and relevant stakeholders, Responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Shall as update and monitor the implementation of land acquisition and a Resettlement Plan (LARP) and Environmental Management Plan (EMP) of already identified subprojects in accordance with ADB procedures;
- Shall conduct initial social assessments and environmental examinations for additional distribution network improvement based on the DWSS's environmental assessment and review framework (EARF). Reconfirm that the project activities do not include involuntary resettlement and/or land acquisition;
- Shall coordinate with the relevant PIG staff for Social & Safeguards Unit for safeguard compliance and management of complaints, in relation to work components in the project;
- Shall manage stakeholder coordination and updating to include coordination with Social & Safeguards Unit for public awareness and community relations, in relation to work components in the project;
- Shall take corrective actions when necessary to ensure no adverse social resettlement impacts;
- Shall submit monthly and quarterly social safeguards and environmental monitoring reports to PIG. and
- Shall carry out other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by the Senior Management or designated person in authority on the project, in respect of the project delivery.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- He/she has BSc in Civil Engineering; Masters’ Degree in Water Resources Engineering will also be preferable;
- He/she has at least 10 years of Professional Experience
- He/she has similar position performing social assessment, gender plans, social plans
- He/she has similar water supply and sanitation project in Central Asia
- He/she must be an Expatriate Candidate with overseas/international water supply and sanitation projects.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers. Alternatively, you can send you detailed CV to SACATalentAcquisition@smec.com
#TajikistanBased #JobsForExpatriateCandidates #MigrantWorker #SMEC #ExpatriatePosition #SocialSafeguardsGenderExpert
Advertised: Mauritius Standard Time
Applications close: Mauritius Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend