- Global consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility, diversity and improving the world we live in.
We are currently seeking a Graduate Surveyor (0-2 years’ experience) to join our Urban Development team in Geelong.
This position will support our wider Survey and Urban Development business with the delivery of key projects and in return, the holder of this position will benefit from regular training from experienced and senior surveyors and guidance towards a specialist career. Working on projects across the state as well as collaborate on inter-disciplinary projects across Australia, the holder of this position will benefit from a global environment that fosters a culture of excellence and innovation.
Duties will include but not be limited to;
- Working on minor phases of broader assignments;
- Using a variety of standard Surveying methods and techniques in solving problems;
- Assisting in the preparation of Survey plans and topography surveys;
- Analysing and collating data and producing calculations and plans;
- Collecting Survey details in the field;
- Liaise with project managers and appropriate stakeholders to ascertain information required to undertake documentation tasks.
Suitable applicants will have:
- Tertiary degree in Surveying or related study;
- Current Australian Drivers Licence;
- Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Exposure to LISCAD and AutoCAD preferred;
- Experience using Trimble surveying equipment preferred;
- Problem solving/analytical skills;
- Ability to use basic theoretical knowledge of Surveying principles to analyse and interpret information;
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Good organisation and time management skills.
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
At SMEC, we pride ourselves in having a strong team of technical specialists who both support and are supported by the next generation of engineers. As a graduate at SMEC, you will have access to a range of professional development opportunities, collaborate with our global team of specialists and be mentored by passionate leaders.
To apply, click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions.
For more information on this or any other graduate opportunities, please visit our graduate page https://www.smec.com/careers/graduates-smec
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC Australia recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land in which we live and work – Australia. We are committed to equitable recruitment practices and as such, encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
Learn more about SMEC: