- Flexible and friendly working environment, plus vehicle (tool of trade utility)
- Premium Melbourne CBD office location: Collins Square, 5 minutes walk from Southern Cross Station
- Be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape
- Outstanding career prospects
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
SMEC deliver smart solutions for clients and communities in Infrastructure, Urban Development and Management Services.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the urban development industry is the result of building long-term client relationships. We partner with, and understand the specific needs of our clients and provide integrated consulting services to plan, design, construct and manage complex urban development and built environment projects.
With over 16,500 employees working out of over 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, North and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to deliver integrated urban development expertise to our clients worldwide.
Looking ahead, we will continue to strengthen our already established capabilities and enhancing our services across a range of urban development market sectors.
Due to sustained growth we are seeking a talented Senior Construction Engineer to work closely with our other specialists to in our high performing Urban Engineering team.
With around 10 years experience, you'll play a key role project managing and coordinating the construction phase of major urban development projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise, in particular in construction methods, materials, equipment and techniques
- Preempt and resolve on-site construction problems
- Monitor construction progress against program
- Approve payment of contractors progress claims and contract variations up to specified limits
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise, in particular construction methods, equipment and techniques
- Ensure the proper and accurate two-way flow of information in relation to allocated projects
- Comply with the requirements described in the respective roles and responsibilities
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you'll ideally have gained your experience in a similar engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Urban development experience
- Degree qualified
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC is committed to equitable recruitment practices and encourages applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders decent
Learn more about SMEC: Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
SMEC Melbourne address
Collins Square Tower 4, Level 20, 727 Collins Street Docklands VIC 3008
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact David Wood tel. 03 9869 0920 / email email@example.com.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.