Job no: 504013
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Hot Jobs, Administration
- Central Melbourne CBD location
- Use your skills to make a difference
- Flexible and friendly working environment
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
We are currently seeking a Receptionist to provide front of desk services to our Melbourne office based in Docklands. The role is a permanent, full time position.
Working closely with the office administrative team, you will be a key contact in the office, supporting all facets of reception and related administration.
To be successful in this role, you will have excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills. We're looking for someone with the right approach to work and a passion to deliver a high level of service in a corporate environment.
Your main duties will include, but not limited to:
- General reception and administration support
- Answering incoming calls in a friendly and efficient manner
- Meeting and greeting clients and visitors
- Arranging mail, couriers, stationery and office supplies
- Assisting with management of company vehicle bookings
- Organising meeting room bookings
- Booking secure document collection
- Liaise with key stakeholders internally and externally
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Previous experience working in a medium-large office environment in a similar role
- A methodical approach with high attention to detail and time management skills
- A people person – projecting a friendly, professional manner that is willing to ‘go the extra mile’
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently
- High level personal presentation
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at http://www.smec.com.
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend