Office Administrator - Casual
Job no: 504014
Work type: Casual
- Central Melbourne CBD location
- Immediate Start – Casual opportunity
- Flexible and friendly working environment
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
We are currently seeking a talented Office Administrator to provide administrative support to our Melbourne office based in Docklands. The role is a casual position, with a requirement for availability 5 days per week.
Working closely with key stakeholders in the business and with the broader administrative team, you will thrive on providing efficient and professional administrative support as well as reception coverage when required.
To be successful in this role, you will have excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills. We're looking for someone with the right approach to work and a passion to deliver a high level of service in a corporate environment.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Independently completing administrative tasks
- Drafting and finalising correspondence, as required
- Collating reports and statistical information and creating PowerPoint presentations
- Booking travel and training where required
- Reconciling invoices
- Reception duties
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Experience in a similar role
- 2+ years' corporate administration experience ideally within an engineering / projects environment
- Must have valid Victorian Drivers’ License
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks
- Proficient on MS Office tools
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at http://www.smec.com.
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend