- Flexible & friendly working environment
- Be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape
- Outstanding benefits & terrific career prospects
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong (SJ) to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of close to 16,500 dedicated people working across a network of over 100 offices in about 40 countries.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the urban development industry is the result of building long-term client relationships to provide integrated consulting services to plan, design, construct and manage complex urban development and built environment projects in tandem with our other integrated Business Units. SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Consistently recognised for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world.
The Urban Development Consulting Division of SMEC employs professional staff including Civil Engineers, Surveyors, Town Planners, Urban Designers and Master Planners, Landscape Architects and Project Managers. We provide integrated consulting services needed to plan, design, construct and manage projects from concept to completion.
Our Urban business is looking for an Experienced Surveyor to join our Melbourne Survey Team. The successful candidate will ideally have around 4 to 6 years’ experience in Land Survey associated with delivering large greenfield development projects, mainly in the outer metropolitan areas. The Role will involve diverse field and scanning projects across a range of locations along the east coast of Australia but is Melbourne based with some interstate travel required.
In summary, we are seeking demonstrated leadership experience and relevant proficiency in the following:
- Ability to work autonomously and problem solve
- Experience with CAD packages (Microstation/AutoCad)
- Confident self-starter with at 4+ years experience (approx.) in a similar role
- A relevant qualification in Surveying
- The ability to be flexible to travel to regional, remote and interstate locations to undertake projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Proficiency in use of Trimble survey equipment and LisCAD
- Current Victorian Drivers License
- Ability to be flexible and resourceful and deliver in a demanding environment
- Compliance with OH&S requirements
You will be responsible for the care of Survey vehicle, equipment and the Survey Assistants under your direction, as required. In addition, you will play a key role in the delivery of major residential estates for signature urban developments in Melbourne’s fast growing metropolitan areas.
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact David Wood, email@example.com
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.