Principal Structural Design Engineer
Job no: 504042
Work type: Fixed Term
Categories: Hot Jobs, Planning and Urban Design, Surveying, Engineering, Landscape architecture
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
About Surbana Jurong
Surbana Jurong Group is a global urban, infrastructure and managed services consulting firm, with over 70 years of track record in successful project delivery. The group has a global talent pool of 16,500 dedicated people working across a network of 120 offices in over 40 countries.
Our technical experts deliver sustainable solutions that cover the entire project life cycle from planning and design, through to delivery and management, as well as decommissioning and closure. We provide a full suite of multidisciplinary consultancy services across a diverse range of sectors that includes aviation, healthcare, hospitality, transport, water and environment as well as energy and resources.
SJ employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, Surbana Jurong continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks Surbana Jurong in the top 26 of the ‘2020 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
We are currently seeking a “Principal Structural Design Engineer” to be based in Dhaka City on Mix Use Design Consultancy project
Total Man-Month Inputs: 12-20 months
In consultation with the Project Teams, clients and relevant stakeholders, Responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Shall be accredited to a Professional Engineering Institute
- Shall have leadership experience in managing a core team of structural engineers
- Shall have the ability to lead technical presentations to Clients and other stakeholders on the structure design
- Shall have good project management skills to run projects on schedule and deliver at international quality standards
- Shall have more than 10 years of experience in designing reinforced concrete/steel structures for residential, office, mix-use and other building structures.
- Shall be proficient in English language
- Shall prepare reports related to his/her responsibility, and
- Shall carry out other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by the Senior Management or designated person in authority on the project, in respect of the project delivery.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- He/she has Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering;
- He/she has at least 10 years of Design Experience from Design Firms;
- He/she has Knowledge of Structure Design software such as E TABS, STAAD Pro, SAFE, SAP, STAAD. Foundation, RAM Connection, STAD. Steel Connection and AutoCAD;
- He/she has good articulation and communication skills;
- He/she has track record of responsibility, integrity and professional credibility; and
- He/she must be an Expatriate Candidate with overseas/international design projects.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers. Alternatively, you can send you detailed CV to SACATalentAcquisition@smec.com
#JoinSJ #BuildingCitiesShapingLives #SmartLiveableSustainable #Expats
Advertised: Bangladesh Standard Time
Applications close: Bangladesh Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend