- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on iconic projects and a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
Delivering exceptional outcomes starts with having exceptional people.
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources.
We are currently seeking a talented Local Sector Manager to take on a key leadership role in our Geotechnical business in Newcastle. The role will be responsible for the growth, development and management of our Newcastle business.
With a minimum of 12+ year's commercial experience in a civil engineering environment, you will play a key role in the effective planning and management of the performance of the local team in line with the Functional/Regional/National plans and:
- Undertake client relationship management and business development activity
- Provide project governance of project management to achieve reliable project performance in terms of sophistication, timeliness and quality
- In collaboration with local management, provide leadership to the employees in the functional group in the local offices as nominated to ensure optimal performance, resourcing, retention and professional development of the employees
- Achieve sustainable growth of the group through targeted client relationship management and business development activity
- Provide project governance and leadership in the functional area to achieve reliable project performance in terms of sophistication, timeliness and quality
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will:
- Have developed an industry profile in the Geotechnical sector locally in Newcastle
- Have a hands on leadership style
- Enjoy leading and managing all aspects of a business unit including finding, positioning, winning and delivering projects for clients
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or a related discipline
- Co-ordinated, designed and delivered major projects – with proven success
- Co-ordinated and developed major bids – with proven success
- Demonstrated ability to actively manage and drive performance in diverse teams
SMEC is a growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to diversity, flexible work arrangements, CSR and improving the world we live in.
SMEC is proud to have been recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in Australia as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality. This citation recognises our active and ongoing commitment to achieving gender equality across our business, and recently we have worked to drive key improvements in flexible work practices, parental leave policies and learning and development programs. Take a look at our benefits here.
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our strong capabilities in local markets and expanding presence in global markets has provided new and exciting opportunities for our people, our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
Learn more about SMEC:
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Teresa Chan – firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our website at http://www.smec.com/en_au
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.