- Multiple opportunities available – flexible working across Australia
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
Delivering exceptional outcomes starts with having exceptional people.
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
Power and Energy Services
As growth remains a key focus for SMEC, we have redefined our traditional service offering and embraced emerging technologies to offer a suite of energy-related services to address the diverse needs of our clients.
As a member of the Surbana Jurong Group, SMEC has grown into a global consultancy with a network of specialist partners. Together, we offer customised and creative solutions to support our clients at every level, regardless of project size, location or complexity. From master planning, environmental approvals, grid connection services and renewables design through to owner’s engineer, portfolio management, virtual utilities and smart city solutions, we can provide specialist expertise either independently or as a combined entity.
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to enhancing our capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions to our clients worldwide.
With a number of exciting projects in hand and in the pipeline, we are currently recruiting for multiple Power Systems Engineers to join the team. There are various opportunities available for a Senior and Principal Engineer, with the opportunity to take on a key leadership position driving business growth and direction across Australia.
We are flexible with location and are open to this role being based out of any of our offices across the Eastern Seaboard.
With 6+ years of industry experience, you will play a key role in:
- Undertaking Power Systems studies for renewable energy projects and assist in the development of Generator Performance Standards.
- Network modelling (steady state and dynamic) associated with the preparation of Generator Performance Standards (GPS); Releasable User Guides (RUG) and other technical documentation associated with the submission of Connection Agreements and Generator Registrations on behalf of generators who wish to connect to the National Energy Market(NEM).
- PSCAD Benchmark studies and associated PSSE studies in line with AEMO and NSPs
- Due Diligence studies on behalf of Network Service Providers (NSPs) and AEMO to assess Connection Agreement and Generator Registration applications. Condition assessment of operating plants
- Delivering projects under strict timescales whilst ensuring financial performance meets with SMEC objectives
- Contributing to bid preparation and providing technical input into power generation projects.
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy or utility and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Approximately 6+ years of industry experience
- Chartered Professional Engineer, RPEQ desirable but not essential
- Excellent knowledge of the National Electricity Rules
- Familiar with grid connections procedures with AEMO, TNSPs and DNSPs
- High level of competence in the use of PSSE and PSCAD
- Has experience in preparation of generator performance standards (GPS) and R2 testing and validation
- Very disciplined in undertaking quality assurance activities to ensure delivery excellence
- Developing consulting and client management skills
- Demonstrable high-quality work ethics
- Strong report writing skills to prepare and furnish reports/drawings
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities for our people, our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
Learn more about SMEC:
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Teresa Chan – firstname.lastname@example.org.
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.