- Flexible and friendly working environment
- Be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape
- Career /sea-change opportunity with the charm and values of a true coastal lifestyle
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
SMEC deliver smart solutions for clients and communities in Infrastructure, Urban Development and Management Services.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the urban development industry is the result of building long-term client relationships. We partner with, and understand the specific needs of our clients and provide integrated consulting services to plan, design, construct and manage complex urban development and built environment projects.
With over 16,500 employees working out of 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, North and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to deliver integrated urban development expertise to our clients worldwide.
- SMEC’s Urban Engineering team are proactive in seeking ways to best extract efficiencies and quality in software platforms to drive innovation in the delivery of our projects
- Successful track record delivering numerous major projects has led to accolades over the years
We are looking to continue strengthening our already established capabilities as we enhance our services across a range of urban development market sectors.
We are currently seeking Experienced Civil Design Engineers / Designers to contribute to the development and production of project deliverables in our Newcastle offices on greenfield urban development projects.
You will have developed a sound understanding of civil design principles and advanced skills using 12D and AutoCAD software for the preparation of design deliverables.
We are happy to receive applications from both degree qualified Civil Engineers, as well as Civil Designers (who typically would have a Diploma in Civil Engineering). Candidates should have from say 3 to 5+ years’ experience working on multi-stage residential land development projects in one of the Australian capital cities.
We work on a broad range of projects including:
- Design and Construction Contract Administration for the upgrade of the main street of Singleton
- Quality Assurance Management for a new Culture and Arts Centre in Singleton
- Due Diligence Study for a new Health Precinct at Maitland
- Preparing a strategy for new cycleways for the suburb of Mayfield for City of Newcastle
- Design of an upgrade to the new Regional Boat Ramp at Coffs Harbour
- Design of a major signalised intersection on Picton Rd for the new Wilton East residential development
- Feasibility study for a new Industrial and Renewable Energy Precinct at Muswellbrook
- We are also starting to do the civil design for several new solar farms in NSW
In addition, ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in 12D
- Drainage network analysis & storm water management (Drains / 12D)
- AutoCAD Drafting skills
- Experience managing time/budget of small-medium sized projects
- Problem solving and analytic skills
- Ability to apply theoretical concepts to analyse and interpret information
Significant opportunity exists for the right candidate to grow their career within a growing business. SMEC believes passionately in the benefits of a diverse workplace, and as such we are open to the position being either a part-time or a full-time. Flexible working arrangements welcome.
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities for our people, our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
Learn more about SMEC:
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact: David Wood T +61 3 9869 0920 | E David.Wood@smec.com
Our Newcastle office provides a collaborative and dynamic space to foster innovative and creative solutions for our clients.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.