- Exciting opportunity for a Advisor to join our Bidding & Submissions Team
- Use your skills to make a difference
- Flexible and friendly working environment
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
SMEC deliver smart solutions for clients and communities in Infrastructure, Urban Development and Management Services.
SMEC's National Bidding and Submissions team is a fundamental part of our success story. They represent the first client communication that grows to become our global award-winning projects, community impact and wider legacy as engineers.
As part of the National Bidding and Submissions team, you will closely partner with Opportunity Leaders across our multi-disciplinary business to support the preparation and delivery of compelling proposals and other client-facing documentation for projects across the Transport and Civil Infrastructure, Urban Development, Power & Energy and Environmental Science sectors.
Daily, you may be involved in;
- Plan win themes, value propositions and other differentiators our initial proposal outlines
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to contribute to strategy and pursuit planning
- Facilitate multi-disciplined groups in brainstorming and developing responses to key proposal sections and providing tactical advice and guidance with the ability to drive strategy and key messages to result in successful submissions
- Lead and/or support the preparation of high-quality proposals and marketing materials
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of standard proposal material
- Assist the wider team to ensure proposals are delivered on time and at the highest quality
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationship with all stakeholders.
We work in a fast paced, friendly and flexible environment where SMEC values are at the forefront of all that we do. As such, we are interested in meeting candidates who take a collaborative approach to work yet understand the value their input has on the overall success of the business.
While the ideal applicant will have come from a similar role in a similar environment, we are looking for a Bidding and Submission Advisor who is able to demonstrate;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to generate creative ideas and transfer these to persuasive written material
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong aptitude for improving organisation, flow, readability, completeness, and clarity of technically intensive proposals
- High level attention to detail
- An ability to thrive and deliver in a role with competing demands and tight deadlines
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Teresa Chan; firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.