- Global civil engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources.
We are currently seeking a Team Lead – Roads & Highways (Civil & Structural Engineering) with proven experience of managing teams and delivering on major civil infrastructure projects across the transport industry. This is a permanent role based out of our Brisbane office.
You will help the Roads & Highways team to identify, win and deliver projects to a consistently high standard of timeliness / quality and in line with the business plan.
With a minimum of 10 years’ experience in road & highway design and project management, you will provide support to expand the team capability in the region and source business opportunities to support the ongoing activities of a leading multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Degree qualified – Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering or similar)
- Min 10 years experience and knowledge of the QLD market space
- Demonstrated ability to successfully undertake and deliver client’s TOR within budget and timelines
- Possesses project management and hands-on experience, encompassing administrative, commercial and technical aspects.
- Manage road engineering projects of >$500k successfully to budget and client specifications, with direct client interface
- Experience in the co-ordination, design and delivery of transport projects within multi-disciplinary engineering projects
- Submit technical reports of a standard requiring minimal correction; and provide final review of reports
- Able to undertake some travel (domestic or international).
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Key Accountabilities for this role are:
- Provide input to the group business plan and implement the team’s components of the plan.
- Growth of the team through targeted client relationship management and business development activity.
- Effective management and leadership of the team to ensure optimal performance, resourcing, retention and professional development.
- Provide input to projects at a project management and/or review level to achieve reliable project performance in terms of both timeliness and quality.
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders. We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC is committed to equitable recruitment practices and encourages applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders decent
Learn more about SMEC:
With 16,500 employees working out of over 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, North and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to deliver integrated infrastructure expertise to our clients worldwide.
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Nicholas Fischer-White – firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.