- Brisbane or Gold Coast location
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
Delivering exceptional outcomes starts with having exceptional people.
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
We are currently seeking a Senior Engineer with a background in durability and remedial engineering to join our national Materials Technology team. This role can be based out of our Brisbane or Gold Coast offices and you will play a key role in:
- The delivery of condition assessment programs for civil infrastructure (bridges, culverts and civil infrastructure including water and wastewater),
- Leading onsite investigations including onsite testing, sampling, reporting and developing remedial strategies.
- Developing durability plans/reports and material specifications for new projects including construction phase durability support to our internal teams and contracting partners.
- Developing and building upon group's capability in condition assessment and remediation of existing structures and durability assurance on major infrastructure.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Tertiary Qualification in Civil Engineering and/or or equivalent. Higher level qualifications relevant to the materials field will be valued.
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience, Chartered engineer and RPEQ
- Demonstrated ability to lead condition assessments and remedial strategy for existing structures and durability support for new infrastructure projects. Including the ability to interface with the relevant disciplines in developing remedial strategies.
- Strong understanding of construction materials, concrete, steel, timber and coatings
- Strong technical expertise in durability modelling and service life forecasting
- Demonstrated ability to develop materials specifications and to provide sound materials selection advice.
- Familiar with relevant Australian Standards and Department of Main Roads (QLD) specifications.
SMEC is proud to have been recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in Australia as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality. This citation recognises our active and ongoing commitment to achieving gender equality across our business, and recently we have worked to drive key improvements in flexible work practices, parental leave policies and learning and development programs.
Take a look at our benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC.
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our strong capabilities in local markets and expanding presence in global markets has provided new and exciting opportunities for our people, our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
Learn more about SMEC:
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Teresa Chan – email@example.com
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.