- Flexible global organisation with exposure to international best practice engineering design
- Access to a range of professional development opportunities and collaborate with our global team of specialists
- Mentored by passionate leaders in their technical disciplines
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
SMEC deliver smart solutions for clients and communities in Infrastructure, Urban Development and Management Services.
SMEC'S Urban Development Business Unit
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the urban development industry is the result of building long-term client relationships. We partner with, and understand the specific needs of our clients and provide integrated consulting services to plan, design, construct and manage complex urban development and built environment projects.
With over 16,500 employees working out of over 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, North and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to deliver integrated urban development expertise to our clients worldwide.
Looking ahead, we will continue to strengthen our already established capabilities and enhancing our services across a range of urban development market sectors.
We are currently seeking a Structural Engineer to contribute to the development and production of project deliverables in our Adelaide office. We are ideally looking for a candidate who has sound technical and leadership skills, to strengthen and develop the Structural Buildings Structures team in Adelaide.
We are ideally seeking a Structural Engineer with Buildings experience in the Adelaide market to work closely with our other specialists to deliver a broad ranging variety of work both within the local market and nationally. SMEC cover most sectors e.g. commercial, industrial, residential, education and specifically buildings and structures in the transport/rail and water sectors. We our increasing our national capability in Building Structures.
- Ensure that analysis and design tasks undertaken meet appropriate technical standards and the requirements of the client and SMEC
- Proactively collaborate with appropriate team members, contributors and stakeholders to maintain quality, timeliness and co-ordination of project deliverables. You will liaise with clients and build key client relationships with the Team Leader
- Actively contribute to the commercial success of projects and the team
- Apply project management principles in carrying out assigned tasks and accomplish project deliverables to the required standard and in a timely manner
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will have/be/possess:
- 2 to 4+ years’ experience designing structures for buildings and other civil structures (not bridges)
- Credibility with contractors and experience in South Australia
- Potential to become a future leader
- A degree qualified Civil Engineer, recognised by the Institution of Engineers Australia (IEAust) / Engineers Australia
- Client facing and hands on technical capability: buildings (commercial, industrial, residential), retaining walls, water infrastructure, rail / transport
- design experience utilising software tools such as: Space Gass, Strand7, Robot, Structural Toolkit or Tekla Tedds
- Enthusiastic to be part of building a significant team/business
- Able to undertake some travel (domestic or international)
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded. Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC is committed to equitable recruitment practices and encourages applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders decent
Learn more about SMEC:
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact David Wood – firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.