- Major or regional office locations available across Australia – SEQ, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin etc.
- 2 roles available – 1 x permanent full time, 1 x 6 month fixed term contract
- Mentored by passionate leaders
- Values-driven working environment
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
Due to sustained growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst to support our Australia and New Zealand business. The Financial Analyst will support the business in relation to project finance management, reporting and analysis, with a key focus on data management and systems such as PowerBI.
We are flexible with location and open to the role being based in our Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra or any one of our other regional offices across Australia. We are currently recruiting for 2 positions – 1 x permanent full time, 1 x 6 month fixed term contract.
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an international organisation and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change.
The ideal candidate will be an analytical thinker and have an active commitment to ensuring that business integrity is at the forefront of all that you do. We are ideally seeking a proactive and inquisitive individual who has a strong background in analysing data with the ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders across the business.
The ideal candidate will have a related Finance, Economics or Mathematics qualification and have/be:
- Proactive and inquisitive with the ability to apply critical thinking to a range of situations.
- Strong communication skills – specifically the ability to communicate financial information concisely to non-financial stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively within a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel is highly regarded
- Experience in systems such as PowerBI and/or Tableau preferred, but not essential
Experience in an engineering design / infrastructure firm would be preferred but not essential
With 2+ years’ experience in an analyst position you will play a key role in:
- Assisting with the effective and timely financial management and financial reporting of projects
- Financial analytical skills to assist Project Managers in the effective discharge of their financial responsibilities
- Reporting and analysis at a project and company level on all facets of business profitability
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities; our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC Australia recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land in which we live and work – Australia. We are committed to equitable recruitment practices and as such, encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply and notify us of their application by emailing email@example.com.
Learn more about SMEC:
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn't require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.