- Exciting opportunity for an experienced administrator to join the team
- Premium offices located in Collins Square (close to Southern Cross Station)
- Flexible and friendly working environment
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong (SJ) and the Robert Bird Group (RBG) to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of close to 16,500 dedicated people working across a network of over 100 offices in about 40 countries.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the urban development industry is the result of building long-term client relationships to provide integrated consulting services to plan, design, construct and manage complex urban development and built environment projects in tandem with our other integrated Business Units. SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Consistently recognised for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world.
Our Urban Development Business Unit, of which the Urban Engineering team forms a part, employs professional staff including Town Planners, Urban Designers and Master Planners, Landscape Architects, Civil Engineers, Surveyors and Project Managers. We provide integrated consulting services needed to plan, design, construct and manage projects from concept to completion.
As a part of SMEC’s transformation to a leading global consultancy, all our office provides a modern collaborative and dynamic space to foster innovative and creative solutions for our clients.
We are seeking a Team Administrator to provide administrative support to our Urban Engineering team located at our premium Melbourne offices. This is a permanent appointment to support a vibrant and established team of professionals.
Working closely with key stakeholders in the business and with the broader administrative team, you will thrive on providing efficient administrative support to the Urban Engineering Manager and more broadly across the Urban Engineering team.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate a high level of personal organisational and communication skills, time management and interpersonal skills. We're seeking someone from a professional services background with a strong work ethic and a passion to deliver outstanding collaborative administrative support to the Urban Engineering team.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Ensure the efficient running of our administrative functions
- Undertake administrative activities that contribute to the effective and efficient time management of the team
- Proactively support and coordinate the development of quality winning bid proposals for the team
- Develop effective and collaborative internal and external relationships that contribute to the success of the business.
- Preparation, coordinating and distribution of documents, reports and presentations e.g. client presentations, team reports, meeting minutes, progress reports, social media posts and associated marketing or client material
- Assist with the management and coordination of staff functions e.g. morning teas and travel arrangements
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- 4+ years' corporate administration experience within a similar professional services environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of engagement skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks
- Proficient on MS Office tools (Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
- Exposure to proposals / bid assistance would be highly valued however not essential
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC is committed to equitable recruitment practices and encourages applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders decent
Learn more about SMEC:
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact David Wood – email@example.com
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.