Senior HSE Advisor
Job no: 504489
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Hot Jobs, Legal & Risk
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Permanent Full Time position
- North Sydney location
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
We are currently seeking a Senior HSE Advisor to support and enable our people to manage risk and create solutions that achieve successful health and safety outcomes in line with business needs. This is a permanent full time opportunity based in our North Sydney office.
Ideally with a background in supporting consultants delivering professional and technical services within the urban renewal, transport or energy sectors, you will play a key role in:
- Engaging proactively and effectively with our people and project stakeholders to achieve successful Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) outcomes.
- Conducting monitoring, reporting and other assurance activities to keep stakeholders informed about the status of HSE performance.
- Analysing information collected from stakeholders and actively seek continual improvement opportunities.
- Providing timely and accurate HSE advice and hands-on support to the business and on-site project operations when required.
With a track record of achievement in a related role, you ideally will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change. An understanding of psychosocial risk factors and experience with implementing mentally healthy workplace strategies would be highly regarded.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline.
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment desirable.
- 6+ years of HSE advisory experience ideally within the engineering industry.
- Exposure to on-site project work ideal.
- Experience with engineering and project management/delivery processes.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant legal requirements, and relevant ISO, AS/NZS standards.
- Strong time management skills and excellent written and verbal communication.
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Teresa Chan – email@example.com
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn't require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend