- Flexible global organisation with exposure to international best practice engineering design
- Access to a range of professional development opportunities and collaborate with our global team of specialists
- Mentored by passionate leaders in their technical disciplines ... outstanding career prospects
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
SMEC deliver smart solutions for clients and communities in Infrastructure, Urban Development and Management Services.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the urban development industry is the result of building long-term client relationships. We partner with, and understand the specific needs of our clients and provide integrated consulting services to plan, design, construct and manage complex urban development and built environment projects.
With over 16,500 employees working out of 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, North and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to deliver integrated urban development expertise to our clients worldwide.
- SMEC’s Urban Engineering team has found innovative ways to best extract efficiencies and quality in software platforms
- SMEC consistently wins numerous major projects & accolades e.g. top selling housing development project in Australia
Looking ahead, we will continue to strengthen our already established capabilities as we enhance our services across a range of urban development market sectors.
The Urban Communities group is seeking an Associate Civil Engineer to lead and help grow the team plus contribute to the development and production of project deliverables in our Melbourne offices on greenfield and urban renewal urban development projects.
You will have a sound leadership skills plus a strong technical understanding of civil design principles.
Candidates should have experience working in residential housing land development in one of Australia's capital cities.
In addition, ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Clear and effective communication skills with 10 to 12+ (approx.) years experience
- Proven leadership and client management capabilities
- Project financial control experience
- Ability to direct staff and manage technical deliverables
- Problem solving and analytic skills
- Ability to apply theoretical concepts to analyse and interpret information
- Ability to effectively manages one's time and workload
- Exposure within a professional working environment
Significant opportunity exists for the right candidate to grow their career within a growing business. SMEC believes passionately in the benefits of a diverse workplace, and as such we are open to the position being either a part-time or a full-time. Flexible working arrangements welcome.
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities for our people, our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
Learn more about SMEC:
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact: David Wood +61 3 9869 0920 | E David.Wood@smec.com
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.