Divisional Director - Design Technology
Job no: 504495
Work type: Full Time
Location: United Kingdom, Bahrain, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Auckland, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Macau, Mongolia, Taiwan, East Timor, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, South Pacific Island countries, Vanuatu, Bloemfontein, Capetown, Durban, East London, George, Johannesburg, Kimberley, Kroonstad, Polokwane, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria, Rustenburg, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South-East Asian Country, Worldwide, Bangalore
Categories: Hot Jobs, Management and Executive
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 16,000 dedicated people working across a network of 120 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 27 of the ‘2019 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
This is an exciting opportunity for a “Divisional Director - Design Technology” to join a leading infrastructure consultancy and to contribute in the growth and development of a business. The base location will be either Bangladesh or Nepal with opportunities to travel to other countries based on project requirements in Pakistan, in India, in Nepal and in Central Asia countries.
- Shall be Champion in BIM implementation and create discipline specific BIM Modelling content.
- Shall oversee the production of project information models which contain 3D visualisations that bring together data, drawings and schedules.
- Shall develop accurate construction drawings and extract data based on the discipline BIM platform.
- Shall have the capability to demonstrate strong business acumen.
- Shall have the ability to generate leads and bring new business.
- Shall carry out other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by the Senior Management or designated person in authority on the project, in respect of the project delivery.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Has Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering/Architecture/Structural/Other Disciplines
- Has 15 years of experience in BIM tools and solutions
- Has understanding of Data, Information Management and BIM program standards and Documents for implementation is projects.
- Has the enthusiasm to challenge the regular methods of work both internally and externally to deliver the projects more efficiently.
- Has the leadership capability to deliver the BIM and Information Management to the internal and external parties.
- Has the mind-set to be collaborative, open, empathetic, enthusiastic, resilient and delivery orientated to make the Information Management the midpoint of integrated delivery approach.
- Has excellent communication and presentation skills to deal with the internal and external stakeholders
How to apply
We would love to hear from you on your interest to join us and discuss further. Please send your CV to SACATalentAcquistion@SMEC.com and we will contact you for further process.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers. For any queries on your job application, you can check this link: https://www.smec.com/careers/frequently-asked-questions.
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input.
Advertised: India Standard Time
Applications close: India Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend