- Exciting and rewarding career opportunity.
- Work side by side with Australia’s leading developers
- Exposure to ‘in house’ key Urban Development professionals
- Modern offices Melbourne's CBD, near Southern Cross Station
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
SMEC deliver smart solutions for clients and communities in Infrastructure, Urban Development and Management Services.
SMEC's Urban Development business unit
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the urban development industry is the result of building long-term client relationships. We partner with and understand the specific needs of our clients and provide integrated consulting services to plan, design, construct and manage complex urban development and built environment projects.
With over 16,500 employees working out of over 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, North and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to deliver integrated urban development expertise to our clients worldwide.
Looking ahead, we will continue to strengthen our already established capabilities and enhancing our services across a range of urban development market sectors.
Due to sustained growth we are seeking a talented Project Manager / Property Analyst to work closely with our other specialists within the Urban Communities Team to provide specialist property advice to our valued clients.
Ideally with over 5 years’ experience, you will play a key role managing and coordinating Property Investigations on greenfield and urban renewal sites throughout Victoria. This position develops and maintains strong relationships with clients by providing reliable, accurate and timely advice with core responsibilities including:
- Manage / coordinate property investigations and feasibility assessments on a variety of projects for our key clients.
- Coordinate Due Diligence assessments on behalf of our key clients including all SMEC disciplines.
- Maintain and leverage from your network within the land development industry including clients, Authorities and associated stakeholders.
- Strategically review opportunities and sites for Urban Development.
- Preparation of Infrastructure Servicing Assessments.
- Preparation and/or review of Preliminary Development Cost Estimates.
- Coordination of the wider SMEC team.
- Working arrangement – full time / part time, minimum three days /week
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will ideally have gained your experience within a consulting, development or property organisation and more importantly have a passion for building trusted relationships and to win new work.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Ideally 5+ years' in Property, Urban Development, Engineering, Planning
- High level written and communication skills
- Knowledge of relevant design codes, Local Regulatory Authority Guidelines and Australian Standards relevant to the land development industry
- A track record of achievement in a similar role and a passion for building trusted relationships with tier one developers
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC is committed to equitable recruitment practices and encourages applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders decent
Learn more about SMEC
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact David Wood – firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.