- Flexible and friendly working environment ... outstanding career prospects
- Get involved in an array of exciting major projects, including new areas, we’re growing
- Highly attractive premium Docklands office near Southern Cross Railway Station
- Be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
SMEC deliver smart solutions for clients and communities in Infrastructure, Urban Development and Management Services.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the urban development industry is the result of building long-term client relationships. We partner with, and understand the specific needs of our clients and provide integrated consulting services to plan, design, construct and manage complex urban development and built environment projects.
With over 16,500 employees working out of 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, North and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to deliver integrated urban development expertise to our clients worldwide.
- SMEC’s Urban Engineering team are proactive in seeking ways to best extract efficiencies and quality in software platforms to drive innovation in the delivery of our projects
- The Urban Engineering team has a long history of successfully delivering numerous major projects which has led to many accolades and awards
We’re strengthening our already established capabilities as we enhance our services across a range of new urban development market sectors.
We are currently seeking a Senior Civil Design Engineer / Designer to contribute to the development and production of project deliverables in our Melbourne offices on greenfield, commercial/ industrial and urban renewal development projects.
You will have developed a sound understanding of civil design principles and advanced skills using 12D model for the preparation of drawings.
We are happy to receive applications from both degree qualified Civil Engineers, as well as Civil Designers (who typically would have a Diploma in Civil Engineering). Candidates should have 8+ years’ professional industry experience.
In addition, ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Clear and effective communication skills with the ability to train junior team members
- 12D experience (large scale land sub divisional design)
- Proficient in 12D drainage network analysis & storm water management strategy development
- Problem solving and analytic skills
- Ability to apply theoretical concepts to analyse and interpret information
- Ability to effectively manages one's time and workload
- Exposure within a professional working environment
- VicRoads / WSUD experience preferably on large multi-stage residential land development projects
Significant opportunity exists for the right candidate to advance their career within a growing business. SMEC believes passionately in the benefits of a diverse workplace, and as such we are open to the position being either a part-time or a full-time. Flexible working arrangements welcome.
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business. Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our continued growth provides new and exciting opportunities for our people, with our employees having the benefit of enjoying a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
Learn more about SMEC:
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact: David Wood | Senior Resourcing Specialist | SMEC – Urban Communities Business Unit T +61 3 9869 0920 | E David.Wood@smec.com
Our Melbourne office provides a collaborative and dynamic space to foster innovative and creative solutions for our clients.
Address: Tower 4, 727 Collins Street in Melbourne.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.