- Build brand awareness and drive engagement through brand and marketing activations
- Flexible work environment with fantastic benefits and professional development opportunities
- Be part of an organisation committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which we work
SMEC is a global engineering, management and development consultancy with a 70-year history of delivering advanced solutions for our clients and partners.
We are a diverse, inclusive and flexible organisation providing incredible opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with collaborative colleagues and leadership teams. As part of the SMEC team you will be presented with opportunities and challenges to advance your career, be connected to a global network of specialists and mentored by leaders who continually strive to make a difference. Together as a team we are redefining exceptional.
Join us – we are seeking a Marketing and Communications Advisor to join our National Marketing Team
This is a vital role responsible for communicating and delivering corporate communications and internal initiatives across the ANZ business.
Based out of our Melbourne office, this role will see you undertake a wide range of internal and external marketing and communication initiatives, and assist with the successful delivery of campaigns and content in line with SMEC’s ANZ brand and SMEC’s ANZ Strategic Action Plan.
Working closely with our Senior Marketing Advisors, Team Leader, and the business at large you will develop creative, insightful campaigns and provide end-to-end marketing support to deliver external content, including crafting articles, media releases and award submissions. As our LinkedIn Campaign manager you will also manage all organic LinkedIn content for SMEC ANZ.
You’ll gain exposure across all the functions of the business, have access to key stakeholders and learn the strategic way we approach the market.
The ideal candidate will have 4-5 plus years’ experience in a similar role and enjoy the challenges of a fast-paced environment with a broad spectrum of work and responsibilities. This role requires extensive content creation, and exceptional writing skills will be paramount to your success. We’re looking for a superstar who can hit the ground running, with a passion for marketing, project management and stakeholder engagement.
Suitable applicants will have:
- Tertiary Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Management or related
- 4-5 plus years’ experience in a similar marketing role, experience in professional services or engineering environment a plus
- Experience developing and implementing marketing and communications plans
- Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to decipher technical information and repurpose content to be suitable for multiple audiences
- Well-developed communication skills - you will be a skilled and confident communicator able to connect with people across the business, both face to face and digitally/via VC
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills, providing quality outcomes within an environment with competing demands and tight deadlines
- Ability to work on marketing and communication systems and process
- Excellent problem-solving skills including the ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- Razor-sharp attention to detail
- Experience managing a brand on social media
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Experience using Hubspot, Adobe Suite and LinkedIn Campaign Manager is desirable
In return, SMEC offers you a suite of staff benefits, covering flexible working arrangements, parental leave, a corporate health plan health and ongoing career development. At SMEC your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be always welcomed and rewarded. Learn more about our staff benefits here: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
Learn more about SMEC:
and our staff benefits http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact David Wood – firstname.lastname@example.org
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.